Motion Detector Sends Alerts to Your Phone
The S-PIR is a self-contained motion detector with a built in GSM modem for sending a SMS text message to you when a zone is breached.
Installation is simple as SeNd Technology states that you just register the pay-as-you-go SIM card with some credit and insert into the S-PIR, plug in the mains transformer and you are ready to configure. Then by SMS change the security passcode and add your mobile number – and it’s ready.
To “arm” just “ring” the S-PIR for a few seconds and it will give you a 15 second window to leave the secure area.
When the PIR sensor next detects motion you will receive a SMS informing you. The S-PIR will then call you so you can hear (via the units built-in microphone) and activity at the remote location.
Randy Frank is the senior editor for Sensor Tips. Author of the book Understanding Smart Sensors (3rd edition to be published Jan 31, 2013), Randy has an MSEE and has worked with sensors in application, product and technical marketing roles. He is a Fellow in both the SAE and IEEE. Randy will provide information about sensor Technologies, Applications, Products, Hot Sensor Topics, Events and Market Research that specifically involve sensors.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
- Everything under control – right where the action is with Smart Vision
- Capacitive Ceramic Pressure Sensors
- Bandwidth vs. Signal to Noise Tradeoff
- PLC Concepts Inc. Reduces Waste and Setup Time in Paper Slitters / Stations with Flexible Linear Positioning Sensors Case Study
- Dual Die Compensation for MEMS Pressure Sensors