Carlo Gavazzi is pleased to announce the new PD30CN Series Photoelectric Sensors with PointSpot Beam. The visible red light narrow beam makes detection more accurate and allows detection of smaller objects, if compared to standard sensors, but larger than those a laser can detect. When compared to laser sensors, the PointSpot beam is not only more economical, it’s also safer, as there are no concerns with damaging people’s vision and/or eyes.
This new PD30CN Series consists of a background suppression version as well as a polarized retro-reflective version, both with a narrow red light PointSpot beam. The sensing distance is controlled by means of a potentiometer on the back of the housing and the adjustment is optimized for easy settings. With this expansion of the PD30 Series, the high-end PointSpot beam eliminates the halo light disturbance and increases detection reliability, they’re also much more precise than standard LED technology.
The sensors are ideally suited for applications found on these types of equipment: Packaging, Palletizers, Material Handling, Plastics and Machine Tools.
The features of the PD30CN Series Photoelectric Sensors with PointSpot Beam include:
- Elimination of disturbing halo light for best sensing performance
- World standard housing style: 10.8 x 20 x 30 mm with two M3 mounting holes (25.4mm spacing)
- N.O. and N.C. outputs, NPN or PNP versions
- 10 – 30 VDC supply with NPN or PNP output
- IP67 rating
- CE and cULus approved
- Potentiometer set-up
- Connection cable
- M8-4pin male connector
- Full sensing family :
- Background Suppression, Active Pixel Sensor (APS) with visible red light version, 250 mm
- Retro-Reflective with visible red light version with polarization filter, 5 m