POSITAL analog ATEX-certified absolute encoder is designed to operate safely in atmospheres where there are potentially dangerous levels of explosive gases or dust. These devices are part of the IXARC family of magnetic rotary sensors and are available in single- or multiturn versions. Rugged, reliable and highly accurate, these devices can be ordered with a wide range of mounting and coupling options that ensure that they can be installed in zones 1 and 21 (as defined from the ATEX directive).
• Certified for Underground Mines (Group I) and Other Industries (Group II)
• Housing Material: Aluminum, Stainless Steel (316 AISI)
• Ex-proof “d” Flameproof Enclosure
• Removable Connection Cap
• Resolution up to 12 bit
The ATEX certified encoders are available with the following interfaces:
• Analog-Current: 0 – 20 mA or 4 – 20 mA
• Analog-Voltage: 0 – 5 V, 0 – 10 V, 0.5 – 4.5 V or 0.5 – 9.5 V
POSITAL offers unique sensors to meet the needs of industries such as:
• Oil and Gas
• Chemical Plants
• Milling Operations
ATEX and IECEx Norms
ATEX and IECEx norms define essential requirements for equipment and protective systems intended for use in potentially explosive atmospheres.