Accurate measurement of liquid volumes at any point in a container is critical for many commercial and industrial processes. Reducing process variability results in less waste, higher quality and reduced cost, and can make a big difference in profitability for OEMs.
Madison continuous float level sensors offer all the advantages of reed-switch-based technology, now available in a ruggedized, miniature version for applications with a small tank footprint.
Madison’s miniature continuous float level sensors provide feedback that is used to achieve precise fluid level detection at any point in the tank. As part of a feedback loop, the linear sensor output can also be used to adjust metering pumps or flow valves to maintain predictable process control.
Features of the miniature float-level sensor:
• Customizable mountings and sensing length from 3 to 13 in.
• Proven, durable construction for harsh environments
• Provides precise, linear, continuous liquid level values
• Configurable in mixed materials for fluid compatibility and long life; ideal for small dosing tanks
• Provides standard 4-20mA, resistive or 1-5 VDC voltage output types for panel meters and PLCs
• Much smaller deadband than radar and ultrasonic sensors
Applications abound and include:
Dispensing fuel additives; monitoring dispensed agricultural fertilizers
Monitoring high value chemicals; small day tank level monitoring; lubricating applications