G. Schaevitz, Alliance Sensors Group has expanded its sensor product offering using LVIT Technology by adding the LZ-13 Series of miniature linear position sensors. Designed and manufactured in Moorestown, N.J., the LZ-13 series LVITs are contactless devices designed for use in OEM, factory automation or assembly machinery applications where space is a premium.
These miniature LVITs are offered in nominal full-scale ranges from 2.5 to 300 mm (0.1 to 12 in.) with their electronics built into the sensor body, eliminating the need for separate signal conditioning. The sensor has a 12.7 mm (0.50 in.) outside diameter stainless steel body with a 1-m long axial cable for I/O connections. The 4.75 mm (0.187 in.) diameter through-bore of an LZ-13 provides clearance for its 4 mm (0.156 in.) diameter stainless-steel target rod and means that these sensors will not be damaged by mechanical overstroking.
- LVIT Technology (Linear Variable Inductance Transducer)
- Contactless operation prevents wearout from dithering or rapid cycling
- Excellent stroke-to-body-length ratio
- Full Scale ranges from 2.5 to 300 mm (0.1 to 12 in.)
- Through-bore design eliminates mechanical overstroking damage
- DC in/DC out operation with built-in electronics
- Proprietary SenSet field adjustable range scaling